Thursday, August 27, 2009

Developing 23 Things For My Library

There are many of the technologies presented that could prove to be beneficial to my library. What I would develop to help the staff get comfortable using some of these technologies would be a series of specific exercises,from which a staff member could choose, connected to each "thing" involving scenarios that relate to the community which we serve, . Then I would have everyone share their results, and discuss why they would or would not like to see any particular "thing" incorporated into our resources/offerings. I would encourage generous and honest input of pros and cons for each 'thing'. For a particular 'thing' which everyone likes, I would probably have our library create an internal test pilot program, so we could play and succeed and fail safely. ;-)

I think I would also choose different articles and videos for some of the technologies than what were included here.

No comments:

Post a Comment