Saturday, August 15, 2009

Delicious

I like the online aspect of bookmarking in terms of being able to 'carry' your bookmarks from computer to computer. I also like the idea of sharing bookmarks with colleagues - the video's example of teachers sharing sites they have found can easily be replicated in a library setting. So many times, I find myself asking a co-worker where I might best find some particular type of information, and the response is either an email, or having to write down the url or remember name of the site. I added the Fort Worth Public Library, KERA, and GoodReads to my bookmarks.

If you just create a network of people with whom you would like to share bookmarks, it could prove very useful in a work setting, any work setting. I also appreciated seeing a choice to make a bookmark private, as I thought originally that one would have to create two accounts - one for work and one for personal bookmarks.

This may be a tool I would use often, and I am going to think about that in the coming weeks. I am a member of GoodReads and constantly use that site to post reviews of books I have read, and share with friends. The online nature of the 'file' means I can access it anywhere if I want to refer to a particular book. The same thing applies to Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment