Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blog Readers

A very very useful tool!!! This is one I will pass on to my spouse, as he loves to read newspapers from around the country.

From what I could tell, this replaces the original email updates that Google News used to offer, and in my opinion, much more efficient, as the email updates tended to just clutter my inbox and build up to a point that 'update' became a meaningless term. I like the way I can control when I view something.

My husband and I are both news junkies, and I can see Google Reader being heavily used for this. I added rss feeds from NPR shows and a couple of newspapers. It was interesting to see how many subscribers there were for each. The NYT feed of course had the most 1.7+ million.

I also searched, in vain, for the rss feed for the Librarians' Index to the Internet. I had tried to add them through I-Tunes but found I developed computer problems, which may be related to Bloglines more than my computer. But I thought Google Reader might accomplish the same thing. Unfortunately, a search through Google Reader yielded everyone else's mention of the LII feed, but not the feed itself, including a feed from Bloglines talking about how Bloglines was down for maintenance. I'll keep trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment